Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my new laptop yesterday, and today, when i wanted to configure the Buttons on the pen that came with it i('m guessing it's the HP Tilt Pen, but the version with 2 buttons and that uses a battery instead of being charged via type C usb cable) i noticed that my laptop did not come with the Hp Pen Control Software, i've looked EVERYWHERE for a download, and i have not been able to find one. I also looked on Microsoft store, and the Software is in there, but when i try to download it, it says that my device is not compatible with that program, i've read a lot of forum posts of other users who are having the same issue as me. I really need to download the software, i'm a digital artist, and i can't draw properly until i change the functions of the 2 buttons on the pen.  I've also tried configuring it on windows pen settings, but it doesn't work

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@DarkMonstr

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Please try this download link for HP Tilt Pen. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, i've already tried downloading and installing that driver multiple times, and nothing happens. I'm still unable to change the functions of the 2 buttons on my HP Pen

HP Recommended

@DarkMonstr

Hi there. Thanks for trying. 

What's the product# of the pen? 

Please refer to this video link for the setup. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On the pen there's a part that says HP P/N and the number there is 905512-002

i googled it and it says it's an HP Active Pen, however, i still haven't been able to find the driver or the software that allows me to change the button funcions

HP Recommended

@DarkMonstr

Hi Chris, thanks for replying. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP Support regarding this issue.  The part# says it is an HP Active Pen with App Launch. 

Have a good day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have the same problem, is the problem solved? If yes, do you mind to teach me how you do it?

HP Recommended

Check for Windows updates in your settings and make sure it is up-to-date and restarted. Still if it didn't solve the issue then install driver from following link:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82491.exe

It worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.