Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14" laptop
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought this nice laptop at Staples, all good. On startup, I connected to my microsoft.live account (if I recall correctly), but I'm not sure where to change the profile pic.

After startup and clicking to enter the PIN, it has my name and my profile pic, and the spot to enter the PIN. But where is the profile pic coming from? I changed my microsoft.live profile pic, but that didn't roll over to the laptop. Once you enter the PIN then the desktop background pic comes up, I set that up fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

it finally rolled over to the new avatar pic ... thanks for the assist though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@WilliamPeck 

Before you enter PIN or Password image on the screen is randomly appear.  After entering PIN or Password, system will load your profile with an image which is changeable by users.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's not that ... yes, an image may appear randomly BEFORE after booting up and before you click to enter PIN/password.

But after clicking to enter the PIN, there is a profile that comes up with my name and round profile pic like an avatar.

Then AFTER entering PIN, it of course goes to desktop with various pic's and desktop images / icons.

HP Recommended

@WilliamPeck 

And what is you looking for ? Before or after. I did say only AFTER users can change.

Hope this makes sense

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

here are the steps:

1. Boot up to the lock screen. Currently it's not a random photo, just a wavy art-work thing.

2. Click to enter password, then the PIN/Password screen appears

- On Windows 10, it fuzzy's out the random cool nature pic, and has my name and profile pic (avatar)

- On the new Windows 11, it's a different art'sy style pick, also my name and profile pic (avatar)

this is where the avatar needs changed

3. after entering PIN, then the desktop shows up.

I noticed today that my Windows 10 HP Desktop DID change the avatar to the new pic ... but I already wrapped the new present for my wife. So I'll check in after she opens it, maybe it picked up the new avatar from my Microsoft live account.

Thanks for following up!

HP Recommended

Both my home HP desktop and the laptop had the same avatar - this pic.

profile pic

then I changed the profile pic on my microsoft.live account, and on my Home HP desktop, it changed, but it did NOT change on the laptop ... the laptop had to get the profile pic from microsoft, but then it doesn't read it dynamically, it must have stored it on the laptop.

Here's what my HP desktop looks like now, right after changing my profile pic on microsoft.live

desktop profile pic

HP Recommended

it finally rolled over to the new avatar pic ... thanks for the assist though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.