Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I think my product number is:  HP  15-ay041w.

I have attempted to find the driver on my own but can't find it.  I haven't had the need to use it in a while so I have not tried so the last time I recall having to use it was Feb 2017

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@TechGeek2018

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

I have a few steps that should help resolve this concern. 

Here's a related post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

(Though the header may be different, the solution should work for your concern as well). 

For troubleshooting the webcam issues: 

You can open webcam software, such as You-Cam, Skype, or Live Messenger, but the video does not display in the main viewing window. Use the following steps, in the order, they are presented, until the webcam video displays in your webcam software: 

Step 1: Make sure the webcam is the selected video/capture device for your webcam software 

Your webcam must be selected as the video capture device in your webcam software. If the computer has multiple video input sources, your webcam software might be connected to something other than your webcam. 

To select the webcam as your video source, open your webcam software and look for the video camera, video source, or video caption in the software's properties or preferences. Here are some common examples of selecting the webcam as the video source: 

​​​​ 

NOTE: 

The name of your webcam might display as USB Video Device, HP Webcam, USB 2.0 Camera, HP Pavilion Webcam, or similar. If you do not know the name, select a name to see if video displays. If not, try selecting other video device names until you see the video from your webcam display in the window. 

More details: Click here (Win10) or Click here for more details. (win7) 

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@DrewMann,

I am responding on behalf of @Barachiel as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I would like to know what is the exact issue you are facing with the webcam?

Meanwhile, I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-645-g2-notebook-pc/8430750/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 10 Anniverary Update wiped out my Truevison Hd webcam software as it did many people on these forums. I really do not wish to reset my computer because it will automatically update and do the same again. Microfoft says its a HP issue. Please find a fix to the solution ASAP.

HP Recommended

@DrewMann,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog located here: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx.

In the search box type "HP Truevision" and perform the search.

You get a list of drivers. Look for the following driver:

SunplusIT - Camera - 10/27/2017 12:00:00 AM - 3.6.8.7

Note that there will be 2 drivers with all the same details. Only the size of the download differs. If I'm not mistaken, one is probably the 32-bit version while the other is 64-bit. You want to download the one that has a size of 862KB.

Once downloaded, put the file in a folder and extract the contents of the CAB file that you just downloaded. Winzip is an example of a program that can do this. Just right-click on the file and pick "Unzip to here" if you have Winzip installed.

Next, open Device Manager (Windows Key + X, then select Device Manager), locate the camera in the list of devices and double-click on it, go to the driver tab, select Update Driver, Browse my computer for drivers, point it to the location where you extracted the downloaded CAB file and click on Next.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dowloaded it, but winzip won't open it. Says its potentially dangerous

HP Recommended

@DrewMann,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the entire driver is missing. In the device manager it is gone. I need the driver, so I don't think this will help.

HP Recommended

are you telling me resetting my computer & losing my programs is the ONLY way HP offers as getting the DRIVER only back? I don't want to do that!  This is insane.  I will never purchase another HP if this is the case.  They don't just offer the DRIVER if it is missing???

HP Recommended

@TechGeek2018,

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.