Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can no longer use shift insert or control insert keys on my keyboard as I can't find them.  Also how does one use the Alt f4 keys to shut down a current version of windows?

Thanks!

Shelly Guttman

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Could I get the exact Model number of the unit?

On the Alt+F4, I think you maybe refering to "Action Key Mode". You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS... Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

It is a G72-260US Notebook. Is this good enough?

HP Recommended

Yup, that will do!

OK, now on, you not able to do Alt-F4 Try the Disabling Action Key Mode in the BIOS. This document, that will help you with it... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

In the insert button, Look for a key label 'ins', I think it is on the 'Prt sc' Key....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

I found that.  How ever I want to use the shift insert shortcut to paste and cntrl insrt to copy as I have been doing that since windows 2.0.  Do you know how to do this?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

To engage the insect key, you will need to use it combination with fn key... so now your key combination would be

To Paste = Shift+fn+prt sc (ins)

To Copy = Ctrl+fn+prt sc (ins)

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You are always welcome! :generic:

HP Recommended

Actually, on my Pavilion DV7 3020ea, it works ONLY with (SHIFT & WINDOWS KEY) + Insert

HP Recommended

Where is the insert key on the HP 15 laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.