Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1709209008.jpeg

IMG_20210521_201319.jpg

 I already download this and this showing to Optional Upfates. Why and how to fix it????? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I got that same issue the other day on my HP notebook.

Tried 3 times to install and it shows it did and then reappears as an optional update anyway.

So...there is only one thing I can think of you can do, which worked for me.

There is a handy 'Hide Windows Updates' utility that Microsoft used to provide, but for some reason, they no longer do.

I saved the file a while ago, and I'm glad I did.

I have zipped it up and attached it below.

Download and unzip the file.

Run the utility.  It will search for updates and then a window will open and show the pending updates.

Check the box to hide the keyboard update that keeps showing up.

The utility will run again and report the issue is fixed.

You can always run the utility and unhide any updates you hid in the past.

Restart the PC, run Windows Updates in the settings menu and the update should no longer show up as an optional update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.