Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_20201008-173011.png

This Service Host always keeps running in the background. Apart from slowing my PC, it also continuously consumers data. Thus it also increases my broadband charges. Is there any way to disable it? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@IsItNecessary 

It is the heart and soul of your machine, w/o it your machine is simply a piece of junk. Please use the following tuning options to reduce its usage

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/a-process-called-service-hos...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you sir.

There are two issues:

1. Why is it consuming data? Its increasing by broadband bill.
  2. The thread you shared had 9 pages. Sach page has some 10 answers i think. Its hard to know which one of then will really work. It would be great if you share a screenshot of the right answer.
HP Recommended

@IsItNecessary 

Problems can be in dozens, those are TOP 10. There is NO short cut, I do not have your machine in front of me you have to try one by one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.