Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my laptop has both integrated Intel HD graphic and NVIDIA QUADRO K1100M. When I play Skyrim, the Quadro K1100M is used. But when I play other games (Dota 2, War Thunder, ... ), I think Intel HD graphic is being used instead, because in Task Manager, GPU usage is alway under 10%, but CPU is 100%, resulted in low FPS in game, and War Thunder pop-up a window that tell me intergrated graphic is being used, not high performance NVIDIA card.
I tried change the config in NVIDIA control panel, but it didnt solve the problem
Please help, what is the point of having GPU if cant use it 😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @EuphoriaLelouch,

Alright, so you've already tried utilizing the NVIDIA control panel. Have you tried tweaking the Graphics Settings in Windows Settings?

1. In Windows Search, type Graphics Settings (You should see something like the image below)
  2. Find the .exe file of the game you want to adjust settings for by selecting Classic app -> Browse
  3. Select Options  of the game/application
  4. Set it to High Performance

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.