Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre Laptop

Hi.

I have just purchased a new Spectre laptop in the US.

I need to travel to Australia for work. Will this US laptop be OK when plugged into mains power in Australia which has a different mains voltage (assuming I use an appropriate plug converter).

Also, do you know if it is possible to use an Australian HP Spectre power adaptor so that I don't have to carry around one of those ugly power converters on the end of the US plug?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly I'm living in a city called Melbourne (Aystralia) right now and my loan Spectre laptop is from the US (HP office in Utah) and yes, all I need is a tourist adapter as shown above.

Secondly for performance I can't see any difference, please note: we use 240V in Australia and the charger will does the job to convert AC power to DC power to run the laptop.

I'd like to mention here: I have been travelling around to no less than 20 countries with few laptops (from time to time, not in one go) and again all I need is an universal tourist adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

It will work. My loan Spectre laptop (which I'm typing now) is actually from the US, all I need is a tourist adapter

GO Travel Accessories - European Visitor Adaptor

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Provost.

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm - do you mean that you are currently using a US Spectre laptop in Australia right now with just the simple tourist converter?

Have you noticed any issues with power or battery performance? Any loss of functionality from your US laptop when used in Australia?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly I'm living in a city called Melbourne (Aystralia) right now and my loan Spectre laptop is from the US (HP office in Utah) and yes, all I need is a tourist adapter as shown above.

Secondly for performance I can't see any difference, please note: we use 240V in Australia and the charger will does the job to convert AC power to DC power to run the laptop.

I'd like to mention here: I have been travelling around to no less than 20 countries with few laptops (from time to time, not in one go) and again all I need is an universal tourist adapter.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you Provost. Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.