Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 250 g4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to downgrade my notebook from Win 10 to Win 7 64 bit.

I could Manage Wifi & Lan. But i have troubles with:

- DPTF Framework Device

- PCI- Ver-/Entschlüsselungscontroler

- Unknown device (unbekanntes Gerät)

I have downloaded the driver fom the HP support Website. Whitch driver i need to install to fix it.

Please let me know if you need further information.

THX

Br

Tom

Pic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you can't get the hotfix to work, I have zipped up and attached the driver below.

See if my TPM 2.0 driver works on your model.

You install it by the same manual method you did for the Thermal Dynamic driver.

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Click on the unknown device needing the driver, click on the driver tab, click on update driver, select the Browse my computer for driver software option, browse to the driver folder you unzipped, make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers for the devices you listed...

DPTF Framework Device:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal
protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71638.exe

PCI- Ver-/Entschlüsselungscontroler:

This package provides the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface (TXE) Driver for the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface enables the Secure Boot and provides services required for platform security features such as Intel Platform Trust Technology (Intel PPT).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71264.exe

If the unknown device has a hardware ID of ACPI/INT3400, then the first driver should also install that device too.

HP Recommended

Hi, Thx for coming back quickly.

I downloaded ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71638.exe and installed.

At the end of the Installation win 7 mentioned that the program was not install sufficient. 

I tried it again - same message again

br

Tom

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Tom.

Try the other version on the support page...

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71262.exe

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was able to install the latest driver what you propose.

With a trick you proposed in another posting - decompress files and update via Device manager

:generic: 

Please have a lock on that picture - still 2 unknown devices PIC

Br

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi, Tom:

Please post the hardware ID's for the other 2 unknown devices.

To find the hardware ID, click on each unknown device.

Then click on the Details tab on the unknown device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, Tom:

The left side one (22DC) is also part of that intel thermal dynamic system, so try manually installing the driver like you did for the other ones (using my trick).

The 2nd one needs this hotfix installed...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2920188

HP Recommended

Thx - i am having troubles with this "OS" fix.

I will come back when i fixed the OS problem

J

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you can't get the hotfix to work, I have zipped up and attached the driver below.

See if my TPM 2.0 driver works on your model.

You install it by the same manual method you did for the Thermal Dynamic driver.

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Click on the unknown device needing the driver, click on the driver tab, click on update driver, select the Browse my computer for driver software option, browse to the driver folder you unzipped, make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.