Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dh0145TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The OMEN by HP 15-dh0145tx unit is not listed on the HP test list for the Windows 2004 May update.... Does this mean HP does not support my new machine for the new version of Windows 10?!?!?!?!

This is a new machine, why has the update not been tested on it? Will this occur in the near future?

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05195282)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rog1345657 

Sorry, but HP does not share information with us regarding any testing plans or schedules -- so we have no way of answering that question.

But I would advise strongly AGAINST upgrading to Win10 v20.04 -- as MS had it locked for several months due to serious issues with it, and although they CLAIM to have fixed most of those issues, some remain and new ones come up every week.

Win10 20H2 is already into final testing, the final build has been released to MS partners,  and will be available in a few weeks.  I would hold off and wait for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Rog1345657 

Sorry, but HP does not share information with us regarding any testing plans or schedules -- so we have no way of answering that question.

But I would advise strongly AGAINST upgrading to Win10 v20.04 -- as MS had it locked for several months due to serious issues with it, and although they CLAIM to have fixed most of those issues, some remain and new ones come up every week.

Win10 20H2 is already into final testing, the final build has been released to MS partners,  and will be available in a few weeks.  I would hold off and wait for that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Great advice. Thanks for your input. Shame HP don't do proper testing on their new rigs & I could not find an answer to my question directly from HP.

I updated a month ago & experienced nothing but issues with the May 2004 update. Defender could not run in conjunction with another AntiVir. Even when I removed the AntiVir, defender real time protection was always greyed out. My OMEN button stopped working etc etc. I had to use an old restore image then upgrade & down load everything to pre 2004 update.

Shame on MS & shame on HP for not testing their full range of computers. HP after sales support is questionable at best. The fact that I needed to get an answer from someone who does not work for HP says it all.

Thank god for the wider HP support community, if it was not for them then HP would not be who they are.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.