Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Annelize111 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 Ultimate installed but the product code is for Windows 7 Pro... Now what?

HP ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Windows 7 Ultimate installed but the product code is for Windows 7 Pro... Now what?

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
19,568 17,478 1,625 3,821
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Annelize111 

According to the HP spec sheet for your model, it can come with Win7 Pro or Win7 Home Premium -- but not Win7 Ultimate.

So, it must have been Upgraded somewhere along the line -- which explains why the product key on the case is different.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Annelize111 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does anyone know how or where I can possibly get Windows 7 Pro back as a download? (Would I need to phone hp...?)  I have already tried downloading from Microsoft but the message displayed saying that the product code I have is for a pre-installed version of Windows and I must contact the manufacturer...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation