Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ah0001na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I want to open multiple applications and have them all on the screen but they keep minimising and i can only view one at a time and have to minimise one to view another.  Its a HP envy laptop.  I dont have tablet mode anywhere - its not there

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jinky1
Let's try this: 

• Snap a window to one corner (or one-fourth) of the screen: Windows key + left/right arrow then up/down arrow.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jinky1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

To use two or more apps at a time, simply grab the top of an app window and drag it to the side. Then choose another app and it'll automatically snap into place.

And, also refer to the article: Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode By the end of the article you will be able to isolate the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,  I just tried this but it doesn't seem to work for me.  For example, i open up Google Chrome and then i click on command prompt in the taskbar.  But to use command prompt i have to minimise google chrome,  Its infuriating.  If i click on task view i can see my applications in there but i want to use it the old fashioned way.

HP Recommended

@Jinky1
Let's try this: 

• Snap a window to one corner (or one-fourth) of the screen: Windows key + left/right arrow then up/down arrow.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but its not doing what i need.  For example i have your webpage open and i am typing in this email.  I click on command prompt in my taskbar once and it appears on the same screen.  Then i go to use it and the command prompt application disappears to the taskbar again.  The only way to use it is to minimise this webpage and then i can use it.  Its the same with word or excel.   I have a windows 10 laptop in work and it doesnt do this.

HP Recommended

Ok - nearly there.  I have clicked on the top right hand corner and can no have two or three applications on the screen.  Just one question - is their a way of switching back to desktop mode and turn off tablet mode.  I cant find tablet mode on my laptop anywhere.  I may have to just get used to this new feature 

HP Recommended

@Jinky1

Thank you for posting back.

This requires remote assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further troubleshooting steps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.