Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 14-dv0000 (9WF41AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The problem I am facing since the time I bought it from HP World is whenever I try to change the password or try to insert a new fingerprint through the sign-in options in settings. I always get a pop up from the Windows Hello Option that 'something went wrong, try again later' and doesn't allow me to make any kind of changes. I even tried contacting the HP Customer Care through the Whatsapp, they guided me through every possible troubleshooting methods but failed to resolve. Later I was informed that it might get fixed after a quality update, recently I got Windows 11 OTA update but the problem still persists. Kindly help me out folk if anyone in the community is familiar with such problem, do let me know if anyone has similar problems with their units. 

Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@gemini_abhi21,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Windows Hello issues with the HP Pavilion Laptop PC.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date.  
  • Try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works.
  • Next: remove this option in the Fingerprint section of Windows Hello.

• In Windows, search for and open Sign-in options.

• On the Accounts window, select Windows Hello Fingerprint, and then click Remove.

1. If you are unable to Sign-In to Windows using the PIN because of error messages, then click on the Sign-In Options link on the Windows log-in screen and select the option Microsoft Account Password to sign in to the system for further troubleshooting.

1. You can remove the existing PIN and add a new PIN from inside the operating system

2. Open the Start Menu and select Settings

3. Click on Accounts

4. Choose Sign-in Options from the left hand side menu

5. Then click on the Add button under the PIN option in the right hand side on the screen

1. Deleting the contents of the NGC folder:

1. Open up your File Explorer and enter this URL C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft

2. Right click on the NGC folder and choose Properties from the menu that appears

3. Navigate to the Security tab and click on the Advanced button

4. Locate the Owner section at the top of the window and click on the Change link

5. In the Enter the object name to select enter field you will need to type the user name of your account on that device, (which should be an administrator level account) and click on Check Names

6. when it finds your account select OK

7. Your account should now show against Owner

8. Check the checkbox next to Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and click on Apply and OK

9. Now you should be able to enter the NGC folder

10. Once you have opened the NGC folder select All files and folders in it and delete them

2. Once the files and folders are deleted from the NGC folder, go back to step 1 to add a new PIN

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.