Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had purchased a wireless keyboard mouse combo. Now all of a sudden, the wireless mouse is not working but only the keyboard is working. There is no driver available for the wireless combo and HP diagnostic tool also does not run. The steps given for troubleshooting are basic like checking power/changing battery etc. which does not cover the issues I am having. Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@abhishekdaga 

A wireless mouse requires batteries for power -- and some have a small LED that glows when the mouse is moved.

You most likely need to change the batteries in the mouse.  You would have to open it to do that, and each one has a different way of doing that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

As I have already mentioned in my post, I have done all basic checks and battery is the first of those. The issue seems to be something else. Mouse is powered up as well, with the red laser glowing below but it won't communicate with the sensor. I suspected issue with driver but I couldn't find any driver published by HP either.

HP Recommended

@abhishekdaga 

HP would not have any drivers for non-HP hardware, including mice. 

You will have to get the driver from the manufacturer of the mouse/keyboard equipment.

HP Recommended

I am sorry for not being specific. I had purchased HP Wireless Mouse and Keyboard 200 combo. It was working fine. But all of a sudden, the mouse is no longer functioning. To troubleshoot this, I came across various articles/guides/steps to be conducted. But these did not resolve the issue. My obvious choice was to look for a driver for the mouse. As it happens, I did not find any driver for the product, and the HP site gives the response that there are no drivers for the product selected. I try to run the HP diagnostic tool but the tool does not run. The keyboard is working fine but the mouse won't work and after several days of trying to find a solution, I posted the message on the forum, just to find out if someone may have any resolution or if others have faced a similar problem. 

HP Recommended

@abhishekdaga 

You're right in that with an HP mouse, there would be no separate drivers.

My only suggestion, if you can return the combo, is to do that and get a different brand, one that does come with drivers.  I use Logitech combos and they do have their own software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.