• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Wireless mouse not working

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had purchased a wireless keyboard mouse combo. Now all of a sudden, the wireless mouse is not working but only the keyboard is working. There is no driver available for the wireless combo and HP diagnostic tool also does not run. The steps given for troubleshooting are basic like checking power/changing battery etc. which does not cover the issues I am having. Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,308 23,249 2,139 5,062
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@abhishekdaga 

A wireless mouse requires batteries for power -- and some have a small LED that glows when the mouse is moved.

You most likely need to change the batteries in the mouse.  You would have to open it to do that, and each one has a different way of doing that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I have already mentioned in my post, I have done all basic checks and battery is the first of those. The issue seems to be something else. Mouse is powered up as well, with the red laser glowing below but it won't communicate with the sensor. I suspected issue with driver but I couldn't find any driver published by HP either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,308 23,249 2,139 5,062
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@abhishekdaga 

HP would not have any drivers for non-HP hardware, including mice. 

You will have to get the driver from the manufacturer of the mouse/keyboard equipment.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation