Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Im trying to work remote, but somewhere in my settings, there a block of some sort, I get an error message on my chromebook, "the operating system is not supported", the IT guy said to ask HP.  He couldnt help.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@minnie9 

You need to understand that we here can not assist you in any way to access your work from your home as they will have security blocks in place -- and I am astounded that the IT guy is so useless that he can't help with this!

That error message usually means you're trying to install some app the OS does not support.  We get messages here all the time from folks telling us their IT department needs this app or that app installed on their PC -- and we can not assist in that because we have no access to your PC.

We also get messages here from tolks telling us that their IT department needs their PC to boot from a USB stick -- but that is not working.  Once again, we have no access to that so we have no way to debug that or diagnose the problem.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

How do you access your remote work? Is it by a special program like teamviewer or logmein or do you log into a business website?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.