Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased an HP Spectre x360 laptop running Windows 11. I paid for a fully licensed version of MS Office 2021. However, when I activated the laptop, I discovered that MS Office 365 had been installed instead. I opened a case with HP Support, but the case was closed within 24 hours, without any explanation or resolution of the problem. Would anyone know how I can obtain my paid-for Office 2021?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

After forcing the reopening of my case with HP Support, Office 2021 apparently now is the default program, rather than Office 365. Not sure how they changed the versions without coordinating with me -- I'm satisfied with the result, even though the process was a bit creepy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@virros 

Normally machine came with Office 365 TRIAL version. Who did you pay for Office 2021, did you get a key ? HP does not own the product therefore you need to contact Microsoft to work that out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The machine came loaded with a one-year Office 365 subscription (not a TRIAL version). I paid HP directly for Office 2021, as bundled software when I ordered my customized laptop. HP did not load the software and did not send me a key.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

After forcing the reopening of my case with HP Support, Office 2021 apparently now is the default program, rather than Office 365. Not sure how they changed the versions without coordinating with me -- I'm satisfied with the result, even though the process was a bit creepy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.