08-23-2019 02:06 PM
The Support Assistant show me 12 months of warranty however I have got 36 months when I bought the laptop. I've tried to contact the support and send them the warranty card however the support page always show me that the "HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable". I've tried it several times in the last couple of days but always get this message. What can I do?
08-23-2019 03:25 PM
The HP Support Assistant may not be able to "see" the correct warranty information.
Whether or not the HPSA reports the correct warranty has no impact on your actual warranty status.
Try / Consider
Completely uninstall the HP Support Assistant (including any "personal" data) from Programs and Features.
After the HPSA software is uninstalled from Programs and Features, uninstall the HP Solutions Framework.
Restart the computer and log in
Download-Save-Install a fresh copy of the HP Support Assistant from the software website.
Installation – HP Support Assistant
Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant
Website / Download
- After download: If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
- After the software is installed: Restart the computer and log in
Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen
Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"
Click open category HP Help and Support
Right-Click on HP Support Assistant > PIN to Start
Help and Troubleshooting for HPSA
Read and Learn about the HPSA software
Check the online warranty information for your device...
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
What to do...
If the online warranty check information is not correct, contact HP Technical Support.
Submit a case that explains the issue, provide what information you have, and ask for help.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option: Contact HP Technical Support - Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
Still need help? Want more information? Search for solutions...
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device
NOTE: Content depends on device type
Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
08-23-2019 03:30 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.