Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G6 1200TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

AS i stated above my problem and also i formatted my laptop 3 to 4 times for my convenience.

so please suggest me the way to recover my product key which window 7 home basic.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gert40 

If you had come here BEFORE you did the reformatting, we could have provided you a utility you could have run that would have retrieved the product key and you then could have saved that to a USB stick and/or printed it.

HP keeps no records of individual product keys associated with individual PCs, so there is nothing we can send you.

Since you went charging ahead with reformatting, you wiped out the information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Actually i have 25 digit numerical key but one to two number is misplaced so i cant used..is there any way to recover key which i have some number of my keys.
HP Recommended

@gert40 

Probably NOT -- but you can TRY using this utility to see if it will work for you:  ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

I know it says Windows 10, but it also works sometimes for Windows 7 and 8.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.