cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gert40
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

actually i forget m window product key which is written on sticker back on my laptop has blurred

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G6 1200TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

AS i stated above my problem and also i formatted my laptop 3 to 4 times for my convenience.

so please suggest me the way to recover my product key which window 7 home basic.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,269
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gert40 

If you had come here BEFORE you did the reformatting, we could have provided you a utility you could have run that would have retrieved the product key and you then could have saved that to a USB stick and/or printed it.

HP keeps no records of individual product keys associated with individual PCs, so there is nothing we can send you.

Since you went charging ahead with reformatting, you wiped out the information.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
gert40
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Actually i have 25 digit numerical key but one to two number is misplaced so i cant used..is there any way to recover key which i have some number of my keys.
0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,269
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gert40 

Probably NOT -- but you can TRY using this utility to see if it will work for you:  ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

I know it says Windows 10, but it also works sometimes for Windows 7 and 8.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation