Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx

i recently updated the BIOS and it did a reboot when i opened the laptop it told me the pin was no longer supported and something else, after constantly trying it finally let me in and then asked me to sign into my school or work and this is my personal not my schools so im really confused, before this i was also having a separate issue with my AMD where it wouldn't open a window well it did but it was see threw and had no exit and you couldn't move the see threw tab not only but when i went to check the HP support in updates same place where i updated the BIOS that i had more then one yellow warning indicator with my AMD and i couldn't install it not only that but i installed the BIOS again because i thought it was a little weird and i don't think it helped. ill be going to my school to help me but i doubt this is there fault. I've tried so many times to contact support but have failed dramatically please help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LS4700 

You mentioned you are using a PIN -- and this problem is due to an MS feature that allows you to "sync" all such devices.

You have to go into Windows and disable that. Here's a thread on how to do that:  (9) Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LS4700 

You mentioned you are using a PIN -- and this problem is due to an MS feature that allows you to "sync" all such devices.

You have to go into Windows and disable that. Here's a thread on how to do that:  (9) Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much this solved it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.