Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just used HP cloud recovery to "factory reset" laptop. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tells me

• "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 7.4.0.0"
  • We detect the version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI on your system is out of date for this request.
I couldn't find a way to update from HP Support Assistant , so ended up browsing "HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads". 
My current BIOS is F.41 3/30/20
The download page gives me 2 options:
1. F.26 Rev.A Aug 16 2021
2. F.45 Rev.A Aug 13 2021

Q1 What is the best way to update BIOS?
Q2 Will this update the "PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version"
Q3 How does versioning work! how is F26 a later date than F45 ? 
Q4 What would be best update version for me?

Laptop details:

It has BIOS : F.41-03/30/2020

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

bump.. 

HP Recommended

not sure if i rebuilt laptop correctly? i dont see any replies or help to my post.

is it working?

can  you hear me Clem Fandango ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.