Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Very often, a blue screen crashes, sometimes with incomprehensible characters, formatting a hard disk and installing new software does not help. Sometimes the laptop turns off even before loading windows. I think the reason is in the BIOS, but there is no update available on the official website.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jeick,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand you are having issues with the computer restarts unexpectedly. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Did it begin after a recent windows or software update?
  • Have you tried to update the Bios on your computer?
  • Have you tried to check in the bios if it restarts?

While you respond to that, here are a few things you can do:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Alternatively, you can go through this link which should be helpful: HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to run an extensive test on the System from F2(Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

It takes about 2 hours to run. If it restarts during the system tests, then the issue is clearly hardware related and the unit needs to be serviced. If any component fails and displays a failure code, please make a note of it and contact HP phone support also, to get the unit serviced.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g6-2322er Notebook PC

It started all of a sudden, in order to exclude the software I installed everything from 0, formatting the hard disk, new OS, new drivers.

I did not try to update the BIOS

If this happens while Windows is running, this is a critical error in the log "Kernel-Power 41(63)"

I came to the conclusion that there can be 2 options, 1 - technical malfunction of the processor, 2 - problem with the bios

Sometimes it hangs, with a typical cyclical sound and partial rippling of the picture. This happens randomly, neither the load, nor the temperature, nor any other manipulations can cause a failure

I will conduct an extensive test in the system with F2, and I will write the result in the next message, but since the problem occurs by chance and the system works without any complaints and sags the rest of the time, I'm afraid it will not be indicative

I apologize for my English, this is what Google translator does for me. :generic:

HP Recommended

when trying to conduct an extensive test in the system with F2, it turns off after 15-30 seconds

HP Recommended

@Jeick,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see that you have followed the steps suggested and unfortunately the computer shuts down while running the test, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the PC.

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.