Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to use HP Customer Supperot -Software and Driver Downloads, it keeps on the screen with "HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience.". It will stay there indefinately. I got the feeling it doesn't recognize my device properly, since it also shows no product name or picture (see screenshot).

Image 592.png

Also, when going to Software and drivers, it does not show the option to let HP recognise my product. I can only enter my serial number (but doing so sends me to above page). I used to be able to let HP recognise my product and be easily send to the page where I was able to download drivers with the download assistant.

Can anyone please help me figure out what I am doing/what is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Richard_008 

Not sure - seems like you should be able to open the home page and then the drivers page...

You can use your Product Number to find / open your device home page.

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please never post the serial number or any private information here – we are a public resource.

and

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

What else?

I found the following - as accessed from my Location (Western USA) - in good order:

Home page for series

HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation 

and

Software and drivers for HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation 

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Richard_008 

Not sure - seems like you should be able to open the home page and then the drivers page...

You can use your Product Number to find / open your device home page.

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please never post the serial number or any private information here – we are a public resource.

and

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

What else?

I found the following - as accessed from my Location (Western USA) - in good order:

Home page for series

and

Software and drivers for HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation 

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! This does open it. The only difference between your link and  my link  is that mine has /model/38013889?sku=6CJ11AV behind it. But that makes all the difference between opening and not opening. 

The weird thing is that the software and drivers page only lets you enter the serial number, it does not let you search by product name. 

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@Richard_008 

You are welcome.

We (in the USA) are biased to the extent that whatever opens is predisposed to the "en" linkage.

That said, the page url requirements might indeed be inconsistent - I've seen some odd responses on occasion to searching for this and that.

Stay Safe!

Winter is upon us.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.