Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant transfer large files to a usb stick or external hard drive. comes up as to large for destination 7gb movie file on to a 128gb empty usb stick 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Beatleboy 

Please format your USB stick using exFAT file system and try again

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's not the USB stick, I've tried  4 different  usb sticks and 2 different  2TB hard drives, these all work through other laptops  and desktop PC. 

HP Recommended

@Beatleboy 

Please use the following tool (teraCopy) to Copy

https://teracopy.en.softonic.com/download

Any error please post back with Full message.

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for your help.

First you where right about formatting my drives to ExFat which allows me to transfer large files but my drives are formatted to  Fat32 which allows me to watch these on my TV. my TV doesn't allow ExFat so it defeats the object.

ive tried using the teracopy but  i cant get it to work and it  keeps crashing.

any more help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

never had this problem with Acer, Samsung and dell laptops

HP Recommended

teracopy comes up  ` error 01`

HP Recommended

@Beatleboy 

Well FAT32 supports file up to 4GB max and your TV does not support exFAT file system. You can't do much more from those limitations.

Does your TV support NTFS file system ? If yes, please try that, otherwise you can only use 4GB max on FAT32 files.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.