Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-ce005tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i tried to download certain apps on windows store ,shows me an error and asks me to turn on windows update then in settings i find it is turned on but with an error message which is-

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

please give me a solution to this problem i cant download anything from the Store due to this error message

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @nate2000,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues performing Windows update on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you getting this update or error from the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to update the Bios on your PC?

Have you tried to run Windows update troubleshooter?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

I would suggest you start off by performing a Bios update on the PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

If you have problems installing the Windows updates, go to the Microsoft website and use the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Then, restart the computer and run Windows Update again.

Windows 10 update troubleshooter (in English)

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @nate2000,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues performing Windows update on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you getting this update or error from the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to update the Bios on your PC?

Have you tried to run Windows update troubleshooter?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

I would suggest you start off by performing a Bios update on the PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

If you have problems installing the Windows updates, go to the Microsoft website and use the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Then, restart the computer and run Windows Update again.

Windows 10 update troubleshooter (in English)

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.