Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 840 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

im trying to connect asus zenscreen mb16ac to hp computor.

and its not connecting. it says i need to update the software for dp alt mode.

how can i update and use the monitor!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@FWEFWEFWEF

Your machine only has DisplayPort 1.2 and  USB-C™ port. Please check

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04723006

It does not say  USB-C™ port is a Thunder bolt port nor USB Type-C video modes (Alternate mode) therefore I don't think this is going to work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The Asus MB16AC can be driven by the system GPU on devices with USB-C DisplayPort alternate mode support. Fortunately, the monitor is a hybrid design that will work with USB drivers on devices that lack this support (as your HP appears to do). Install the Driver and ideally also the DisplayWidget software from the ASUS web site and the monitor should then work.

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply.

which driver do i have to install?

@David_J_W wrote:

The Asus MB16AC can be driven by the system GPU on devices with USB-C DisplayPort alternate mode support. Fortunately, the monitor is a hybrid design that will work with USB drivers on devices that lack this support (as your HP appears to do). Install the Driver and ideally also the DisplayWidget software from the ASUS web site and the monitor should then work.

HP Recommended

As indicated in my earlier reply - click the coloured text "ASUS web site" in that reply, which is a link to the download page.

HP Recommended

FWEFWEFWEF,

1. Open the ASUS MB16AC Drivers & Tools web page.
  2. Choose your OS. 
  3. Download the MB16xB/MB16AC Series USB Monitor Driver. (See photo; you may need to scroll down and read the descriptions.)
  4. Follow the installation instructions.
  5. Reboot your computer.

mb16ac_driver.JPG

This was all I needed to do, and it worked perfectly after that. 

Big thanks to @David_J_W!

HP Recommended

still didn't worked with my ZBook 14"

This was resolved by downloading and installing the "HP Support Assistant".

Open the HP Support Assistant and under "My Devices", check the "Updates".

Download and install the recommended drivers.

HP Recommended

Download and install the "HP Support Assistant".

Open the HP Support Assistant and under "My Devices", check the "Updates".

Download and install the recommended drivers.

This will solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Just so you know, I'm typing this on one screen right now because after hours of research and buying multiple cables, adapters, and setup configurations that I'd change each time to try to have two displays — all to no avail.

Please Help if you have an easy solution?

I'm finally throwing in the towel out of exhaustion. I bought my new:

HP Silver 17'' ENVY - 17-u273cl

You aren't the only one feeling the pain. I spent $1,000 for a $1,400 laptop, a year ago thinking I should easily be able to connect an external monitor via the USB C 3.1 port (Gen1) advertised with the Laptop. NOT THE CASE....just continuous Win 10 Error Msgs about the USB device not being set up properly. 

The older cables (last 5-10 years) worked just fine Serial RGB, DVI, DP (Display Port) and HDMI. USB C was supposed to be the standard we were all waiting for because it would be universal. WRONG AGAIN (see below)

https://www.maketecheasier.com/usb-31-gen2-vs-usb-31-gen1/

There are so many USB variations that they need to remove the "Universal" portion from the USB acronym.

Why do they have to make it so complicated and then feel like a moron asking the question to an "Expert"?

Now, I think I can get it to work if I buy the HP Dock for $150 - the other one I purchased didn't work with HP. 

What is really needed is Thunderbolt 3. (see below)

https://thunderbolttechnology.net/blog/difference-between-usb-c-and-thunderbolt-3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.