07-29-2020 04:39 AM
i can't create a new folder on desktop. And it is asking for administrative permission even though i clicked on yes then also it's not creating a new folder on my desktop what is the solution for this
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-31-2020 03:09 PM
@PDR_14597 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to create the folder on the Windows 10 desktop.
Let's try these steps
- Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Click Virus & threat protection
- Click Virus & threat protection settings
- Scroll down to Controlled folder access
- Toggle it off
Next, in Windows Defender Security Center
- Open App & browser control
- Set 'Check apps & files' to off
If the issue persists run the SFC Scan
System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10 that checks for problems with files on your computer
- Make sure you've installed the latest updates for Windows 10, and then restart your machine.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
- Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
- After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
- After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
08-01-2020 12:43 AM
i tried it as u said but still it's not creating a new folder
if i star creating the new file its mention like destination folder access denied it was showing like that even what the steps i followed what you have told