Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I suddenly have Yahoo searching when I put a subject in the address bar.  I want Google as my default search engine.  What can I do to set that?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Google provides a list of instructions for each browser.

IE's way of navigating the options is a little bit different per each version.

Here's a link to Googles list of instructions that may be the best way for you to get exactly the info you need.

Click the dropdown arrow for Internet Explorer 8+ to see what to do for each version of IE.

Make Google my default search engine

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @HBeaudry,

I need to know what Browser you are using before I can answer.

HP Recommended

IE (Sorry)

HP Recommended

Google provides a list of instructions for each browser.

IE's way of navigating the options is a little bit different per each version.

Here's a link to Googles list of instructions that may be the best way for you to get exactly the info you need.

Click the dropdown arrow for Internet Explorer 8+ to see what to do for each version of IE.

Make Google my default search engine

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

i just want google search bar on both my Chrome & Firefox, just how do i get google search on my browsers?  Please Tim Hinze Sr,   [edit personal information removed], please, HELP!!!!!??????

HP Recommended

@jackson_10 wrote:

i just want google search bar on both my Chrome & Firefox, just how do i get google search on my browsers?  Please Tim Hinze Sr, (Edit-removed), please, HELP!!!!!??????

Tim, edit your post above and remove your email address.

The info you seek was already answered above.

Click on the link given to read the instructions. It is still relevant today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.