Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hello, I found a 256gb m.2 2260 for my 840 g2 at my local microcenter. They are hard to find for a reasonable price, but I got mine for $50. I may have got lucky
HP Recommended

for my G2 i bought a Crucial MX200 last year already, but i dont think it's on the market anymore. Maybe you have a chance on ebay for used ones.

and i actually dont know the situation in US since i am from Germany. I had a quick look there and looks like 3 brands are offering M.2-SSDs in 2260 format: Integra, Micron and Transcend. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi td101, your English is excellent. I would have never guessed you are from Germany. Thanks for your suggestion, I actually did end up going with eBay. I found a SanDisk X110 256GB for $68.

I’m 60 miles from the nearest Micro Center, but I decided to check their website anyways. I found a Micron M600 256GB for $70. I would have paid a few dollars more for a new drive, but it is available for in-store pickup only.

HP Recommended

840 G2.jpg

This is 840 G2 laptop and Support Only M2-2260 SSD,  Please check at following Link

https://laptopmedia.com/series/hp-elitebook-840-g2/

I've bought the 256GB SSD from Aliexpress ( USD$35) it takearound 20 Days in Shipping from China to USA.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32979979237.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.78f54c4dznu6og

Goldenfir M2 SSD M.2 2260 SATA SSD 512GB 256GB 128GB 64GB SSD NGFF HDD NGFF M2 64GB 60GB SSD for Laptops Notebook Free Shipping

IMAG1138.jpgIMAG1139.jpgIMAG1140.jpgIMAG1141.jpgNew SSD.jpg

I've also checked at ebay before purchase from aliexpress but most of them are Refurbished or Preowned and Price is also High USD$79+

www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-X110-M-2-2260-256GB-Solid-State-Drive-SD6SP1M-256G-1002-SSD-Dell-NNCRP/3333...

If you want to check the System Information After SSD Installation Please run following Command.

Windows+R = Type " msinfo32 " and check System Summary
Windows+R = Type " dxdiag" and check System Summary

HP Recommended

My hp elitebook 840 has one notch and the one you guys are saying should be fixed there has two notches...... How about that

HP Recommended

The M2 2260 has two notches..... Hp elitebook 840 has one notch.... Will it fit? 

HP Recommended

I'm also interested in this coz mine has one notch

HP Recommended

Will the m2 2260 two notch fit in the slot of 840 g2 one notched

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.