Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi td101, 

Would I be correct to assume that both the 2260 and 2242 form factors would fit and work with my G2? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

actually both would fit and work physically, but only the 2260 could be hold and fixed by the intended screw. for the 2242 you would need to fix it somehow alternativly - like with scotch tape or alike. which wouldnt be recommended at all.

that's why: take a 2260 for the G2. i also think the market is bigger and the offered capacities are bigger, too

hope this helps, Tino.

HP Recommended

thanks man, appreciate it

am thinking of getting a 256gb card. any recommendations?

HP Recommended

@td101 wrote:

Hi,

actually both would fit and work physically, but only the 2260 could be hold and fixed by the intended screw. for the 2242 you would need to fix it somehow alternativly - like with scotch tape or alike. which wouldnt be recommended at all.

that's why: take a 2260 for the G2. i also think the market is bigger and the offered capacities are bigger, too

hope this helps, Tino.

Hello. I'm not sure I understand correctly. You said we can put 2260 drive into 840 g2 because we can fix it with a screw right? As you can see at the photo, the place for the screw is on the lenght of 42mm from the port. I'm very confused now because I don't know which type of drive should I buy. Isn't the hole which I pointed out mented to be used for holding the drive?

original.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello,

there is actually a thread in the socket. you can see on the attached picture that the ssd should be fixed on the socket. i guess otherwise the ssd would be bend or, on a double-sided-ssd, the screw could be too short.

in a G1 you can defenitely only fix a 2242. for a 2260, the socket would be in the way.

in a G2 you could probably also fix a 2242 (if you have a longer screw and you accept the ssd to be bend a little bit). but i would suggest to insert a 2260 into a G2.

if you, for certain reasons, still want to fix a 2242 into a G2, i could try it and make a picture of it (since i have a G1 with 2242 and a G2 with 2260).

but i really think that you have a bigger market for 2260, hence cheaper prices. so just go for a 2260 for the G2.

20160119_071641.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello.

This msg is for tb101.
i will have a brand new HP EliteBook 840 G2 and i wool like more about your mgs sent the 12-10-2015 07:43 AM. The picture you sent with two crutial installed on your 840 g2. are this two crucial installed as two diferent drives (Ex c:\ system and D:\ Data) ? If not, is it possible to add one crucial 2260 as D:\ Drive to the original SSD Sataactually installed as C:\ System ?

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have windows installed on the 2260-SSD (as C:). The 2,5''-SSD is 😧

2016-01-22 16_49_15-Datenträgerverwaltung.jpg

HP Recommended

@td101

Thanks for answer. I've already ordered 2260 drive :). Take care.

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer.
I've will order an 2260 drive adn use it as D Drive ( i read on HP doc that there's a "Primary SSD slot" and i hope this 2260 will be declared as additionnal one).

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

I want to add the 256GB M2 SSD as a second drive and leave my existing boot drive as is.  Is that possible and how?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.