Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: hp 15-r033tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can't access the camera; error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5). i checked the device manager and there were neither imaging devices nor camera driver. need help

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @sushant36

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the webcam is not working and you are getting an error message.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2fw1oby

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No this is not a solution, and it cost money. I already buy this computer with its softwear and with the promise of free update from win 8 to win 10.  None of the drivers working properly, ether for camera or the touchpad or keyboard after update to win 10.  Always have to use 5 min after start up before the touchpad working propbebly, have to disconect the pad from keyboard. I have done absolutly everything, follow every advice on microsoft page and hp page, also inckluding reset computer, and reeinstall . Updated every driver, try to roll back drivers, install driver with different compability mode, like win 8.

I have a HP Pavilion x 2 - 10-080no energy star, Model #:M5L41EA, SN: 5CG5281PV6

Glenn Hansen

HP Recommended

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000244 EndHTML:000002822 StartFragment:000002037 EndFragment:000002790 StartSelection:000002037 EndSelection:000002786 SourceURL:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Recovery/message-id/216781

No this is not a solution, and it cost money. I already buy this computer with its softwear and with the promise of free update from win 8 to win 10.  None of the drivers working properly, ether for camera or the touchpad or keyboard after update to win 10.  Always have to use 5 min after start up before the touchpad working propbebly, have to disconect the pad from keyboard. I have done absolutly everything, follow every advice on microsoft page and hp page, also inckluding reset computer, and reeinstall . Updated every driver, try to roll back drivers, install driver with different compability mode, like win 8.

I have a HP Pavilion x 2 - 10-080no energy star, Model #:M5L41EA, SN: 5CG5281PV6

Glenn Hansen

HP Recommended

@GlennHan, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please update chipset and graphics driver and check if the issue still persists.

Link to update chipset drivers.

Link to update graphics drivers.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a beautiful weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does any solution for the error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)?

HP Recommended

I've requested help from HP support over and over for this issue of the webcam that cannot be detected. I've spent entire days on the phone with them multiple times trying everything, letting them troubleshoot. I even - at their suggestion - completely reset my computer, reinstalling Windows. Nothing works.

This is the error message I receive, for which none of the "answers given in this forum ever is a solution. I try them all and none of them work:

--------

We can't find your camera

Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date.

If you need it, here's the error code:

0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)

-----------------

The laptop is under warrantee. At this point, I'm so upset I believe that HP owes me a new laptop. The problem with that is that, as I know their suggestion will probably be to send it to some HP center for diagnosis and repair, that screws me utterly. I am a full time student, and do not have the option to be without this computer for any length of time.

It looks like I'm screwed. And never in a million years will I ever purchase an HP laptop. I'll tell everyone I know of my long, drawn out, terrible experience with HP.

HP Recommended

None of the instructions in the link you provide here are relevant, or provide any steps that fix my laptop. I've dealt  with HP tech support on this too many times now. HP owes me a new laptop.

HP Recommended

This instruction to update chipset and graphics drivers does not work. When I try it, I receive a message saying "This platform is not supported. I've had it with you people. HP owes me a new laptop.

HP Recommended

I've been trying to get a solution from HP for this for a long time. No solution exists. I'm going to sue them for a replacement laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.