DSantiagoBC
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

fn Hotkeys not working

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb045wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my hard drive to an ssd. After installing windows and some updates, everything is working as always but the keyboard. As the subject says, the hotkeys fn + [any key] won't work

I've been reading and found this is probably fixed by installing a driver called "HP Hotkey Support", but the answers I found are kind of old, so I was wondering if there is maybe an updated version of the driver.

The links provided by those answers led directly to files on a ftp server, so I found no way to track any more recent versions

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,309 122,486 20,139 30,879
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe that only the HP business-class notebooks use the Hotkey support software/driver.

The consumer class notebooks use the HP System Event Utility, so see if installing this software/driver gets the Fn keys to work...

This is the file on your notebook's support page.

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88257.exe

The latest version I could find is this one...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91504.exe

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation