Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello I have a older G60-530US laptop and looking to do some upgrades with the CPU. I have some sitting around and would like to use anything but the T4300.

I have called HP more than once and got the "Please hold while I direct your call", then get cut off.

All I want is the CPU support list so I can see what I have and see if I can install it. I know it is an Intel Socket P so it can be replaced. I did update the BIOS to F.65.

The system is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, with plans of 8gb RAM

I have about 12 -20 Socket P Processors laying around, ranging from T6***, T7*** , T8***, to T9***. So all I need to know is what is the max supported CPU?

If I'm changing it might as well put the best in is what I say !

Or just the support list so I can install the right one in my collection.

Please help...No one has any info 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again indianmetallord,

I am happy to have been able to resolve your issue. Could you please mark my post where I provided the solution here as an Accepted Solution so anyone in the future who has the same issue can easily find the same resolution.

Again I am glad I was able to help.

Thanks,

Dunidar

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello indianmetallord,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums @Bob_Headrick has created a great pro-active post titled: Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions!.

I understand you are trying to upgrade your Processor for your HP G60 Notebook computer and just want a list of supported Processors. I would be happy to assist you with this. I would like to direct your attention to the HP Support document: Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC HP G60 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. This manual has the information you are looking for right on page 1 of the manual. The steps to follow when removing and installing a processor on your computer can be found on page 4-44.

I believe this is the information you are looking for. Thank you for posting your request on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thanks ! It is exacly what I needed

HP Recommended

Hello again indianmetallord,

I am happy to have been able to resolve your issue. Could you please mark my post where I provided the solution here as an Accepted Solution so anyone in the future who has the same issue can easily find the same resolution.

Again I am glad I was able to help.

Thanks,

Dunidar

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Well I did end up buying a T9600 2.80GHz/6M/1066MHz Socket P. I did update the BIOS to F.65

Would not even boot up. So I finished installing Win7 Ultimate 64bit with the T4300. After everything was up to par I went through my CPU stock pile and found a T9300 Q4GA ES 2.50GHz/6M/800MHz Socket P.

Figured I'd keep the FSB low and take a small hit on the GHz (-0.3) but keep the Cache up at 6M

Now because I went to 64bit CPU and O/S can I max out the RAM to 8gb ?

HP Recommended

What will the F.65 BIOS limit me to ? 6gb? 8gb ?

HP Recommended

I also got a hp g60, but it is the 507dx. had the celeron 900 in it and just updated it to the t9300. works great. i updated everything i can. started by updating the bios firmware, then put a 802.11ac wifi adapter in it, the upgraded the ram to 4gig, then put a solid state hd in it and finally put in the t9300 dual core. read all over the place  not to exceed the 800 bus speed and works like a champ.

HP Recommended

Not relating to the CPU upgrade, but I'm working on a G60-230us right now. It had BIOS vF.35 and it only had SLIC 2.0 so it was only capable of activating Vista. After upgrading to BIOS vF.65 it now has SLIC 2.1 so now it's capable of activating Windows 7. Thanks HP. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.