Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-01-2021 02:51 AM
Product: HP Pavilion Laptop PC 14-dv0000 (46P36AV)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hey my laptops pretty often the screen gets struck and it doesnt move. i have to wait until it switches of due to lack of battery and then i have to charge then only it gets on. what can i do?? can anybody help me.
1 REPLY 1
12-04-2021 10:38 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps, even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community