Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , Everyone!

I have been using a Pavilion Power 15 to edit reports for almost 1.5 years now. Up until about a month ago, working with the notebook went well. Now, I am having issues with hihglighting words which is an essential part of my work. Whenever I would select or choose a portion of a word to highlight, the highlighting would continue even aftr the selected wird or the selected portion. The space and or the letters I type after the highlighted word or portion of the word would continue to be hihglighted. 

For example, using the sentence "I like cake" - if I were to highlight "like" and then press the spacebar to enter a new word like "chocolate," the space after "like" and the word "chocolate" would continue to be highlighted. The only recourse I had was to plan ahead and insert "chocololate" before highlighting "like". This may sound like a perfect solution but with deadlines and all, it is highly ineffective as it eats up more time to do so.

The continuous hihglighting is not the default action with  computers and matching software as my Elite g3 and an old Pavilipm G4 do not behave that way. The problem only appeared on my Pavilion Power 15 after almost 1.5 years of use as mentioned above.

I first noticed the issue in Outlook and after having scoured the net for a resolution. decided to reformat and reinstall the OS and software as I was also having problem with my Windows Start tiles. I thought that the issue is merely a mouse or touchpad configuration I inadvertently messed up but couldn't find anymore. I was expecting that the reformat and reinstallation would fix the issue and bring my Power 15 back to how it was. However, it didn't. Using Windows WordPad, I was able to determine that the highlighting would still continue to highlight letters and spaces it was not meant to.

Is it a harware problem? I highly doubt it as plugging in an external mouse causes the same highlighting issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jarmas117 

Which software do you use ? You have to STOP highlighting before continue to the next word for example in Microsoft Word

To stop highlighting, click the arrow next to Text Highlight Color and click Stop Highlighting, or press Esc.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.