Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC......WF574PA#ABG

Hi, I would like to ask how you take a photo, then save it to pictures folder using the webcam. I can take a photo using Skype, but can't get it to my picture folder. Do I need a program for this? If so where do I get one? Could someone please assist. Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the web link given below

Test the built-in webcam using QuickPlay

Capture and playback a video image YouCam

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
you need to install cyberlink youcam
HP Recommended

how can i take photos by webcam in my notebook ofline

HP Recommended

Hello CHAET,

I see that you have questions about using your webcam when your computer is offline. If you have webcam software on your computer it will take pictures without the computer being online.

The YouCam program that comes with most of the newer HP models will allow you to use the webcam to take pictures.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Every time i take a picture with the camera app it says something went wron with this phota what am i doin wrong i bought my computer brand new is there some type of setting that needs to be done before the camera will work?

HP Recommended

I need to know how to take picture and video with webcam

HP Recommended

I can never EVER find my photos that i have taken, and the ONLY way i can even access the webcam is if i try to change my profile picture for google+ or Facebook... then i take a bunch, & i cannot save them... HELP!!!

HP Recommended

Actually same prob was with my webcam. It was working fine according to device manager but I didn't know how to take pics. So the problem was that I haven't Installed Hp webcam driver. So I advise you to go to Hp official website and Install webcam driver. I'll be fine then. SO try it out. 

You're most welcome for any other querry.

HP Recommended

You need to install your webcam.

Go to hp's official websit and install it, hope so that it will be fine then....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.