Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Beats Special Edition 15-p030nr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so basically,i just reinstalled hp coolsense technology after forgetting it had this,well,then i remmembered it also has hdd protection via hp 3d drivegaurd (hp protectsmart),initailly i had windows 8.1 pre installed when i got this,well decided to check the hp drivers page for both 8.1 and 10 versions,cant find it anywhere,and have searched the entire web,when i first got the free upgrade,i ended up reinstalling windows 10 a bunch of times from scratch after microsoft pushed out some destructive updates in its first 2 or 3 major updates,i also ended up having to get my synaptics touchpad replaced because i spilled eliquid on it and shorted out the pad(not the mainboard thank god,it had plasic tape over the sesitive electronics under it and not much spilled in the case,but made it worse because the eliquid caused the right sticky side [adhesive] to come undone,ended up cracking the touchpad pcb in half panicking as i cleaned it up.) [again didnt dammage the mainboard],its replaced,now i just need to figure out this annoyance of an issue,can anyone help me find this software?(windows 10 is clean installed btw,so i dont think its gonna be much of a stability issue to install 3d drivegaurd.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, the last couple versions of that driver don't put the icon on the taskbar anymore.

There were a slew of issues with the 3D driveguard and the last 2 or 3 build updates of W10.

Anyway, you are good to go now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@gendrake93 

Please download and install the following software

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

@gendrake93 

Please download and install the following software

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

Regards.

link doesn't work,also,i would like the latest version of it.

HP Recommended

Hi, @gendrake93 

Is there an unknown device with a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ6007 in the device manager?

That would be the 3D driveguard device in need of a driver.

If not, then your notebook did not come with the 3D driveguard system, although the specs state that it does, or the 3D driveguard hardware was also damaged along with the touchpad.

In any event, see if this version works for you...

6.0.45.1     Jan 8, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84595.exe

HP Recommended

hi,it says hp mobile data protection sensor in system devices,under device id hpq6007,so yes,its thier,and no,only the part that needed replaced (the touchpad replacement part),not the mainboard was damaged and has been since replaced,the link that the first poster provided,ben, has apparently been removed,as it says error:file not found or has been removed at ftp.hp.com/link,i just needed a valid download link,anyway i just got home from work,and am about to try your link,sorry for slow response.

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi, @gendrake93 

Is there an unknown device with a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ6007 in the device manager?

That would be the 3D driveguard device in need of a driver.

If not, then your notebook did not come with the 3D driveguard system, although the specs state that it does, or the 3D driveguard hardware was also damaged along with the touchpad.

In any event, see if this version works for you...

6.0.45.1     Jan 8, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84595.exe

HP Recommended

Yes, the last couple versions of that driver don't put the icon on the taskbar anymore.

There were a slew of issues with the 3D driveguard and the last 2 or 3 build updates of W10.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

do you know if they will ever provide an update to 3d driveguard, and repost it back on my pc model driver download page again eventually,i bet it was removed from my pc models driver download page due to what you just described,i believe at one point.it was on both the 8.1 and windows 10 section,but i couldnt find it which is why i made this post,or are they gonna scrap it due to win10?

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

also,its working,thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know why HP doesn't have the driver listed under the W8.1 driver page.

The reason I even made the statement regarding the unknown device is normally if the 3D driveguard driver isn't on the support page, the notebook doesn't come with that feature.

For W10, there is an updated driver but then they removed the software that triggers the accelerometer.

That was HP's final fix to the issue...it just installs the device so the error goes away.

The version I gave you was the last full version that included the software.

If you want the latest W10 driver, you can get it from the Windows update site. 

First one on the webpage.  You can see how tiny the file size is.

I would create a restore point first though.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=HPQ6007

Or if it is not broke, don't fix it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.