Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax217nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Here a problem with my Omen 15". The problem occurs when the pc is under load and connected to the current. When I disconnect the power supply, a few seconds pass and the PC turns off. It seems to be a current draw problem. When the PC is under load, the internal battery alone cannot withstand the absorption (Watt) of the hardware. So the pc turns off. I do not exclude that it may be some software conflict.

All system tests passed successfully.  latest updates and bios (F55) installed.

thanks in advance for any advice or comments,

Francesco

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ratchet2012a 

While there might be a current draw issue, unfortunately, there are no diagnostics we can provide you to check that out.

My suspicion is that it is a batter issue, as the laptop fails when on the battery.

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10, as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for you answer. Here are the results of HP disgnostics:

Primary_DesignCapacity: 4112mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 3520mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 3126mAh

Primary_MaxError: 2

Primary_CycleCount: 666

Here are the results of Powershell:

CHEMISTRY LION

DESIGN CAPACITY 51 744 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 51 744 mWh

CYCLE COUNT -

then i read a full charge capacity of 62 600 mWh nel 2017 (fist month of usage) until 51 744 mWh  (this month). obviously decreasing values from 2017 until today.

thanks, Francesco

HP Recommended

@ratchet2012a 

This means the battery is wearing out -- as the charge capacity will slowing decrease over time until it will not hold enough charge to power the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you think the battery has deteriorated? it seems to me that the residual capacity is still high. It hasn't even had three years of life.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.