cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hp OMEN 15 CURRENT ABSORPTION AND SHUTDOWN

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax217nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Here a problem with my Omen 15". The problem occurs when the pc is under load and connected to the current. When I disconnect the power supply, a few seconds pass and the PC turns off. It seems to be a current draw problem. When the PC is under load, the internal battery alone cannot withstand the absorption (Watt) of the hardware. So the pc turns off. I do not exclude that it may be some software conflict.

All system tests passed successfully.  latest updates and bios (F55) installed.

thanks in advance for any advice or comments,

Francesco

4 REPLIES 4
Level 16
Level 16
28,245 28,167 2,578 6,162
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ratchet2012a 

While there might be a current draw issue, unfortunately, there are no diagnostics we can provide you to check that out.

My suspicion is that it is a batter issue, as the laptop fails when on the battery.

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10, as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for you answer. Here are the results of HP disgnostics:

Primary_DesignCapacity: 4112mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 3520mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 3126mAh

Primary_MaxError: 2

Primary_CycleCount: 666

Here are the results of Powershell:

CHEMISTRY LION

DESIGN CAPACITY 51 744 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 51 744 mWh

CYCLE COUNT -

then i read a full charge capacity of 62 600 mWh nel 2017 (fist month of usage) until 51 744 mWh  (this month). obviously decreasing values from 2017 until today.

thanks, Francesco

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
28,245 28,167 2,578 6,162
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ratchet2012a 

This means the battery is wearing out -- as the charge capacity will slowing decrease over time until it will not hold enough charge to power the laptop.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you think the battery has deteriorated? it seems to me that the residual capacity is still high. It hasn't even had three years of life.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation