Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion notebook(energyst
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp Assistant doesn't come online when i push the little question mark on taskbar or when i lookfor it on side list. i've been trying to figure it out so i can use that to help me more so i dont have to call in to the tech's so much on simple fixes i can do myself. if you can advise me on how i can fix it up, like uninstalling and reinstalling. how do i go about that or any other solutions i can try. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yeah i went and downloaded again and ran it and its working, thank you sooo much my friend. can i or should i look through and update other drivers from that list in the link you sent? can i also ask if one of them drivers on there there will run the "verified.exe" program as i was told by a represenative from microsoft that  needed a driver that would run it as i do not have one installed to run. thank you

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

HI @rbbm12,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the HP Support Assistant does not work on your laptop when you click the icon. Here is a document you can review: HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

You can try to uninstall the HP Support Assistant in Program and Features in Control panel and download it from here to reinstall: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know if these work for you.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi @rbbm12,

It may be listed as HPSA.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

yeah ci was reading some more posts and one said not to uninstall from  the uninstall wizard but from a different way however i get stuck along the way. it says not to run but to view it and i tried viewing a couple ways with no success. i even found the driver update for this and that was the one i was trying to view. what will happen if i install without uninstalling the other one? will it fix itself or blow u into a millin pieces? I'm pretty sure it was installed as system utilities 

HP Recommended

Hi @rbbm12,

Can you provide me the product number of your laptop? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I will double check if you can uninstall the system utilities and restore it back later.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion notebook (energystar) Model #VOP98UA    

HP Recommended

HI @rbbm12,

Thank you for the reply.

You can uninstall the system utility. It has downloadable versions on this link http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-17-g100-Notebook-PC-series/8499304/model...

HP Support Assistant  sp74656.exe

HP System Event Utility  sp75728.exe

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

i downloaded and ran those two links at the bottom Hpsystem utility and assistant one then windows stopped from opening saying they would be harmful to my computer

HP Recommended

HI @rbbm12,

Just continue the installation. There is no problem with the application.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

yeah i found it and downloaded everything and it just does the same thing so idk what to do next. could another program like the fix-it professional be preventing this from opening

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.