Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @rbbm12,

You can try the Microsoft fixit provided on this solved post http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Support-Assistant-Not-Working...

Let me know if it helps.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

yeah i went and downloaded again and ran it and its working, thank you sooo much my friend. can i or should i look through and update other drivers from that list in the link you sent? can i also ask if one of them drivers on there there will run the "verified.exe" program as i was told by a represenative from microsoft that  needed a driver that would run it as i do not have one installed to run. thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @rbbm12,

Glad to hear that it is working now. The driver on the link is for your model. You can update them if you want to.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

sorry to bother you agaim, but in your last reply you mentioned a linc. i have ot found nor see, can you please resend and let me know which driver it isthat is compatible? thank you again and blessings to you and yours.

HP Recommended

Hi @rbbm12,

Here is the link:

Software and driver results for: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g148dx (ENERGY STAR)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.