Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hp command center keep crashing and asking me to reinstall the sp101661 pack, that is already installed and if I try to reinstall it gives me an error: failed to extract cub. It seems an issue related to the security update of windows 1.321.1875.0, because before it the command center worked. Does anyone have the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@henryHambs Here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the Bios and chip-set driver updates,

If the issue persists, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

The only other thing to do is to uninstall the software and install a fresh copy from the Microsoft store: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on the same laptop and tried to install the OMEN Command Center as you recommended but it says "The System is not supported".  Please advise.

HP Recommended

@paulgyro You may want to start with checking if the Omen command center is compatible with your device? Click here to verify,

Also, if the device is compatible and yet it doesn't work even though you've attempted the steps suggested to the OP, I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works.

Keep me posted and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The OP said they had a HP Envy 15 2020, which is what I have, and you suggested they install Omen Command Center.

I was just letting you know your recommendation didn't work because the product is incompatible.

What is your next suggestion?

Paul

HP Recommended

@paulgyro If it's not compatible as per the link I attached, the software is not supported and would not work by design,

But if the software is compatible as per the link but you are still getting the error message, I'll need to know if you created a new user account to check if that works? if not, please do.

And if nothing works, backup all important data into an external storage device and reset windows: click here for steps.

Keep us posted with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.