Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,After Rollback to  the driver to version 8.10.14.1 ....😊   on Windows 10 PRO , HP 830 G5, 8GB RAM

The Change of VIRTUAL MEMORY size  ( MIN 6000  - MAX 9999 MB) ... seems to be not successfull........

the previous Version of driver   8.10.23.1, Was very DANGEROUS..👹, especialy when i used all the times POWER SAVER MODE, and after wake up from SLEEPING MODE, then in very short time goes Battery from 60% to 0%...!!!!!, after starting eating POWER AND MEMORY from HotKeyServiceUWP.exe,....they are at PC Startup , ALLWAYS many WINDOWS CRITICAL-FATAL ERRORS... !!!!!😩

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this fix. That said, it is absolutely shameful of HP that they would release a custom driver for hotkeys (which I already find is quite unnecessary) which has such a great flaw. It makes Windows unstable. I have already had times where it happened during meetings and that is frankly unacceptable. As is the case a lot of the times with Windows, HP and other computer brands with such problems, skilled users are to pick up the slack.

HP Recommended

Yeah, this bug must be a really tough cookie so that HP couldn't a patch this in two months 🤠 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I actually reported this issue long before the thread and was informed that hp was working on a solution. I understand the frustration that after so long they don't make a fix for this issue.

HP Recommended

thanks. Every day I have this problem, I have to restart it with services.msc

HP Recommended

Dear @Luna27500 

Did you follow the recommendations in my post ?

HP Recommended

It used to be the HP Hotkey UWP Service and I tried the previous recommendations, which worked actually but now, it's other tasks that eat up my CPU and RAM, it's crazy... 

HP Recommended

@Falco97 

What tasks ?, What operating system do you have installed?

HP Recommended

Hello. Yes but the problem starts again when I restart my pc

HP Recommended

I am "amazed" by HP software quality and overall "support". This problem is known for ages and HP does literally nothing to fix it. I had it in windows 10 as well as in windows 11 and perhaps it will be just the same in windows 12. 

Yes, disabling the service helps. But HP - seriously? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.