Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Not sure I am posting this in the right place.  I have AVG anti-virus.  Two times it has blocked hpswset from installing a file.  The two file names are sp 135883 and sp 130737.  Said they were infected with IDP.Generic.  I tried reading up on this and it appears this is a false positive a lot with AVAST anti virus.  I would like to know if it is a false positive with AVG.  And are these files I should allow on my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, absolutely, it is a possible option

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
What is the computer model , it 's product number P / N
Are the files coming from the hp support page, or from a third party site?

Hello

[start]
This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My product number is 1B074AV and my model is OMEN Laptop - 17t-cb100 CTO.  I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit.  Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043.

My Anti-virus which is AVG is telling me  that C:\hpswsetup\sp130737  and C:\hpswsetup\sp135883  are infected with IDP.Generic.  I recieved the first one on Sept 9, 2021 and the second one November 18, 2021.  It is making me think these are updates and that my virus protection is showing a false positive.  I read on the internet that AVAST had a lot of false positives with these.   I put them in quarantine until I know if these are really from hp.  I am not real computer savvy so that is why I am asking.  My computer is running great and I don't want anything to mess it up.  I did check my HP Assistant and it says I am current with software and drivers.

HP Recommended

hi

ok

sp130737 should be

OMEN Gaming Hub SDK

and sp135883

OMEN Gaming Hub SDK Package

1.0.49 Rev.A62.2 MBNov 1, 2021Download

this folder is normal, they are either files probably already installed, and it is used to be able to reinstall the drivers if necessary
this can also be used for updating, the files are unzipped here when you install them
But although the risk is low, it can happen that an antivirus finds a problem, so left in quarantine
And if updates are available later make them
see if you can find the versions
For the latest sp135883, try to see in the files, if you can find more info

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-17-cb1000-laptop-pc-series/32827283/model/3282...

But don't worry more than that

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  One other question.  Should I let my antivirus know this is a false positive so they will stop tagging it?

HP Recommended

Yes, absolutely, it is a possible option

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.