Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen dc1111tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my pre-installed McAfee LiveSafe was gone in my Laptop, I don't know why. This also happened in the same time with my windows security showing only "security at a glance" and blank page (Is this caused by virus?). However I managed to fix the error with windows creation tool.

The windows security was back to normal but my McAfee still gone. Since it was a 1 year premium McAfee is there anyone know whether I could install it back, and how?

I bought this laptop in April 2020.

My laptop is Omen dc1111tx

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @rikuhiz ,

Based on the information you have provided, did you also have an account created with McAfee, if yes you could follow these steps:

Step 1: Sign in to the McAfee website
  1. Go to home.mcafee.com on the computer you want to protect.
  2. Click My Account.
  3. Click Sign In.
  4. Type:

• The email address for your McAfee account.
    • The password for your McAfee account.

5. Click Log in.

Step 2: Start the installation
  1. Hover your mouse over My Account.
  2. Click Subscriptions.
  3. Click Add Device next to your McAfee subscription.
  4. Select the device type.
  5. Click Download.
  6. Select the McAfee product you want to install, and then click Download again.

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**You may say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**

I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
HP Recommended

Hi @prem_m,

I'm afraid I haven't sign up any account yet back then 😥, is there any way to install it, perhaps by input HP serial number or something (to identify my laptop is suppose to be eligible with premium subscription)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.