Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (320M3AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cn0081ur, Item 4L680EA, S/N [Personal Information Removed].
When installing Windows 10, a blue screen appears with an error: iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, error code 0xc0000098. I wanted to create an HPCloudRecoveryTool recovery flash drive on another computer, but when I enter the ID, it says that such a product does not exist.
How to restore a laptop or burn a flash drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Issue resolved. I tried to install 2 images of Windows 10, I didn’t see the RST drivers on one, I saw the driver on the other, but I got the error 0xc0000098. The images were written using RUFUS, I created a bootable media with a Windows 10 image using the Media Creation Tool and everything was installed.
Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I checked the cloud recovery tool website and entered your notebook's product number (4L680EA#ACB), and it indicates that your notebook is not supported or not yet supported by the cloud recovery tool.

Cloud Recovery (cloud-recovery.s3-website-us-west-1.amazonaws.com)

See if this works so you can install W11...

Since your notebook as an Intel 11th gen core processor, there is a special process needed to install W10 on notebooks with the new Intel 11th gen core processors...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111776.exe

There is an error in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

You will probably have the same issue.  Download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp111776), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I downloaded the RST driver from the Intel site and installed it. The Win10 installation is almost complete, but at the end of the installation, an error message appears iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, error code 0xc0000098.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why you are getting that error.

Try this newer version of the driver and see if that works instead.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135979.exe 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try.

HP Recommended

Issue resolved. I tried to install 2 images of Windows 10, I didn’t see the RST drivers on one, I saw the driver on the other, but I got the error 0xc0000098. The images were written using RUFUS, I created a bootable media with a Windows 10 image using the Media Creation Tool and everything was installed.
Thanks to all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.