Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: ENVY-X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

since I have bought my notebook which is HP ENVY-X360  I am facing an issue of jumping cursor in windows 10

I have changed windows from windows 10 professional to windows 10 home . have tried to uninstall and install the touchpad driver but the cursor automatically moves towards the minimize icon area 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hashirboy 

This sounds like it might be a hardware defect and if that is the case, changing the Windows edition, as you have discovered, would have no effect on it.

You should not be having problems like this with a new PC!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

If its a hardware issue 

Why only the cursor moves towrds the minimize icon area only ?? Wherever the pointer is it jumps towards to mininze icon area after a while ? I believe if it is hardware issue the cursor should move towards a specific direction not towards a specific location ? Can you be kind enough to enlight me on this as well ??

HP Recommended

@Hashirboy 

It was my guess that this is a hardware issue -- and you can to some degree confirm or refute that by connecting an external mouse. 

If it does the same thing (which I doubt) then there is likely a driver issue, and while that is software, not hardware, those drivers come preloaded and for the built-in mouse, there is nothing you could download to replace it.

If it does do the same thing, then it is a hardware issue with the built-in mouse, and since you can't replace that, you should then check with HP to see about getting the laptop replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.