Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre 360 convertible 13- aw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My keyboard and mouse keep lagging or adding additional letters as i type.  I looked at other posts and i do not have the Intel graphics control panel. it says unable to launch the application. None of the connected displays are using Intel Graphics driver.

i have tried getting several new keyboards and mice. It continues to be delayed. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Karen-125 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, The best way to identify the issue, is to perform an extensive hardware test on the device, using the below steps:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
  • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

Thank you for replying. I ran the diagnostics and it all passed.  What should i do next?

Could it have something to do with my port. So my HP Spectre is connected to a HP port which has my two HP monitors a keyboard and mouse all plugged into it.  I purchased all HP products hoping that would fix the mouse and keyboard lag.

HP Recommended

@Karen-125 What HP port are you referring to? Do you mean a docking station? If yes, please disconnect the same, connect the keyboard and mouse directly to the device and check if it works, keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the long delay work has been so busy and the lagging is getting worse.

I have a HP  3005 USB 3.0 Port replicator that i have cables connected to it.

- two HP monitors brand new purchase 2 months ago  (HP P Series P274 27")

-  2 USB logitech wireless keyboard and wireless mouse 

- then i have a USB adapter laptop (spectre 360) to another cable so it can connect to the port replicator

my laptop power cord is plugged directly into a power strip that goes to the outlet 

if i don't use my monitors and just use a small non HP replicator to connect my mouse and keyboard to my laptop it works fine.  i would have thought by purchasing HP monitors it would be compatible.  Right now its working fine, but at times the keyboard would put multiple letters if i only pressed it down once as i type. the mouse wouldn't move. 

i purposely purchased all HP products so it would be compatible, if there is something else i can purchase to help the lagging go away please let me know. TIA.

HP Recommended

@Karen-125 We don't recommend using port replicators as it draws a lot of power from the device and sometime leads to issues as the one you have,

If the issue shows its ugly face again, please detach the replicators, connect the device directly to the computer and check if it works fine.

Keep us posted and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The laptop does not have enough ports to plug in directly to it.  Please tell me how to set it up. This laptop only has one USB port, 2 C Ports (and one is for the power cord). how do i go about connecting 2 external monitors directly to the laptop?

HP Recommended

@Karen-125 To understand exactly which device you've got, I'll need the complete model name of your device:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Which one is it?

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx

i have the 2 hp monitors P274

someone told me to buy the HP USB_C docking station and replace the port replicator with it.  plug it all into it and it should work. will that work?

HP Recommended

@Karen-125

Thank you for the update.

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps to download the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store:

1. Click the Start Menu icon.

2. Locate and launch the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu.

3. Search for Intel Graphics Command Center.

4. Click Get updates, and follow the on screen instructions to install the app.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.