Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G5 Base Model Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

hi sir

i wanna ask you a question its about my keyboard in the last few month my spacebar key and f6 key are acting weardly sometimes they work and sometimes not and recently they are not working can u suggest me a way to fix it 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There are a few possible workarounds for this. Try the ones I am sharing below,.

1) Unplug - Restart - Plugin: It is as simple as it seems. Just unplug the keyboard. Restart your computer and plug the keyboard back in. After this, the system will detect your keyboard automatically. Try pressing the spacebar key and F6 key.

2) Update Driver & Test: After restarting the device, open Device Manager > Keyboards > Update Driver > Search Automatically. This will install updated driver for your keyboard. Now, use  a space bar clicker to see if the spacebar button is working or not. If the counter increases, that means your spacebar issue is resolved.

3) Deep Clean with Air Blower: If step 1 & 2 did not fix your issue, then its most probably a hardware problem. The best thing in this case it to clean the keyboard thoroughly with Air blower. This will remove any dust or particles from the keyboard that might be hampering the proper function of the keys.

If all three steps do not work, you have to either get your keyboard repaired from a professional or buy a new keyboard for yourself.

Pop culture junkie. Thinker. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Baconaholic.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.